Monday, May 2, 2011

bin Laden's Death: Today's News Stopped Us in Our Tracks...Just Like 9/11 Stopped Us

When 9/11 hit, I remember sitting still with my co-workers while watching the news. At first, when I was walking up the hall of the nursing home in which I worked as an OT, I caught a glimpse of a resident's room TV. I thought, "What is that terrible movie???" Then I noticed that every TV had the same images. We stopped giving therapy and just sat and watched. When I finally got home, I sat some more. Stunned. When my son with Autism threw a pool ball at my head, I heard the sound of the impact but didn't feel it until the next day. When I heard the news last night and then woke up to more details re: bin Laden's death, I found myself sitting again. Glued to the TV for details, insights, descriptions, and worldwide reaction, I felt blessed that the sacrifices made by our military and their families has paid off...big time. Were you able to get any work done today???

No comments:

Post a Comment