Thursday, January 26, 2012

Funny Lego Brick Story: Warning. Parents can choke too:)

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/building-blocks-cakes/ca36541e-624c-48af-ab78-68ef256e8903

My son is OBSESSED with Legos. Legos are all over our house (at least that's how it seems). So what happened a few days ago doesn't surprise me. While we were sitting side by side, he looked down and saw a tiny, missing-in-action Lego piece. He shouted, "Look!" I shouted, "What?" And when my mouth was wide open during the word "What," he playfully threw the Lego piece at me...and it went right into my throat. :O There I was, the day before my 45th birthday, choking on a Lego piece. After several modified abdominal thrusts and forced coughs, I expelled the Lego...straight down to the floor. It came out with such force that it scared my son. Yes, my son with Autism has sympathy and I love how he can be very tender and loving. Once we realized I was going to see my 45th birthday (unless something else happened), we laughed and laughed. Ahhhh (or maybe I should be safe and say Hmmmmm) the unexpected joys of caring for a child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment