Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Life With a Possum: Any Soldier

Life With a Possum: Any Soldier

After jumping off my professional/career ladder in order to provide the time and energy my family required, I'm continually struggling with appreciating domesticity. However, this blogger seems to have her priorities set pretty well. She made me consider how I can spend some of my stay-at-home time and energy. For example, instead of just doing crafts with my son just for the sake of improving his fine motor skills, I could work with him on sending something to a soldier. My son admires soldiers so this would be a great activity. Wouldn't it be cool to incorporate sensory integration activities (for our children with special needs) with soldier care package creation? Or, wouldn't it be cool to capitalize on kids' love of and expertise regarding computer/social media and have them help us design a way to recruit helpful ways to support soldiers and their families?? What are your thoughts, ideas and insights?

No comments:

Post a Comment