Thursday, December 22, 2011

Blog Hop: Mombloggers Weekend Event

<script src="http://www.linkytools.com/basic_linky_include.aspx?id=122046" type="text/javascript" ></script>

My son and I (my adorable 11 year old with autism) are sitting side by side this evening working quietly on our computers. After working with him (for years) to stop screaming and start enjoying being with us, tonight's "corner office" time together seems like a miracle. What miracle are you witnessing this holiday season? If you are a caregiver of a loved one with special needs, you may have to look for and appreciate the tiniest of signs of progress. My son's behavior has taught me that it's OK to celebrate small miracles...because it helps us pay attention to them even more than we normally would. According to Dr. William Harley (author of His Needs Her Needs), undivided attention is the glue that increases the feeling of love we have for each other. How ironic that my son's autism actually INCREASES our mother-son bond! Join Mombloggers' blog hop this weekend and check out the other bloggers' posts. Enjoy:o)

No comments:

Post a Comment