Friday, December 2, 2011

The Happiness Project: Paradoxes of Happinesss: the sadness of a Happiness Project.

The Happiness Project: Paradoxes of Happinesss: the sadness of a Happiness Project.

Gretchen says it well...to every thing there is a second side. In this case, the other side of happiness is sadness. In her post she describes how it is sad to realize what you are not ie. not one to jump on a plane to Europe, etc. I can relate because as a mother of a child with autism, I set aside many personal dreams so I could give him more peaceful, undivided attention. I have taught myself to appreciate how my son has enriched my life (ie. his humor); however, I still battle with the thoughts and dreams of doing something more exciting and meaningful than what I currently do. Being happy is a choice and it's easier to choose on energetic days than on stressful ones. How do you enrich your daily life?

No comments:

Post a Comment