Wednesday, December 21, 2011

How You Can Experience Joy with your Loved Ones

I always felt an underlying need to have QCharm's work be more like a non-profit organization than of a retail business. Even though I couldn't quite articulate how QCharm could best serve its community of people living with and caring for those with Autism (besides selling the QCharm Portable and Visual Cueing System), I knewQCharm had a bigger purpose. But I saw other non-profits begging for donations and I thought, "How is that different from begging for sales? I would still have to separate people from their money and still have to market QCharm...to a consumer group made up of overworked, unpaid and exhausted caregivers (for whom I have great empathy)." So this holiday season I plan to articulate how QCharm can best serve its community of caregivers and their loved ones with special needs. The focus will be on setting up and providing systems that caregivers can use at their home and in their community that enable them to experience joy when they are with their loved one. The systems will be delivered through dvds, blog posts, articles published in magazines (Autism Community Magazine for starters), and website updates/links, etc. Meanwhile, my son Adam wants to Pie me in the face this holiday season:o)
How would you like to create peace in your home and community outings so you can experience joy with your loved ones?

1 comment:

  1. I think the idea of portable communication is great. Meltdowns used to get in the way of enjoying our surroundings. So a way to communicate what is bothering them and for people in the community to be understanding would be so helpful!

    ReplyDelete